Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finished...again.

So I think I finally wrapped up Firestar. I kept getting hung up on the last two chapters. There was a lot I wanted to put in (at one point it needed an extra chapter). But I finally bit the bullet, asked myself who the story was about, and what was the question, and did it.

I think Chapter 20 may be a bit weak. We'll see.

I finished it, now I have to do the synopsis, and fire it off to the agent. When I double-checked the address on his website, I learned that Steve Mancino has left the agency and moved to Philly. Okay.

On other writing subjects, I may have sold Spiked!. An anthology was looking for fantasy short stories with an ending that was a little spooky. Having the bad guy still alive when he's sectioned on a sawmill is spooky. And I was true to the legend of creatures like dryads (and mere-folk): as long as you are with them, nothing bad can happen to you. She left him, he gets cut to pieces.

The pay isn't great, but a writing credit is a writing credit, and that's important. Now I can start focusing on the rest of the dryad stories. And writing new ones. There's this idea of a spindizzy, and...

No comments: